Tuesday, August 28, 2012

SYA China -- The School

Here's a look at where I work.

Since 1994, SYA China has been granted a portion of Beijing Normal University's High School (Middle School #2)

Entering the campus, you walk down this nice tree-lined lane and then get to...

The Main High School Building.  SYA takes up about one-third of the 6th floor.  SYA students are required to walk up the stairs, I hope to keep my pledge to do so too.


Up the stairs, and you are now looking down the LONG hall.  SYA classrooms and offices are the first five rooms on each side of this hallway.  The issue for me, is that the only men's bathroom on this floor is AT the end of the hallway and around the corner.  It's an ISSUE!!!

Five of the six classrooms look like this.  Note the pictures of the Chinese rulers on the wall.

There is one large lecture room, which is what I probably will use, due to the fact that there is a projector and LOTS of whiteboard space.

The school library.

In the hallway, each student is assigned a mailbox and a locker (blue).

The student computer room.

The SYA China Office, the open door in the back left is the directors office.  The open door on the right is....

The teacher's office.  There are seven Chinese language teachers, one English teacher, one Chinese History teacher, one travel and activities coordinator, one college counselor and myself, the Math Teacher.


My desk.  Still in need of personalization.

Moon shot with what I THOUGHT was an astronomical observatory on campus, but alas, apparently it isn't.  I'll just continue to believe it is.

No comments: