Friday, June 22, 2012

Prague

Where am I?

On the Charles Bridge in Prague.

Took an overnight trip from Nuremburg.  Here's the view looking from the Charles Bridge.

These penguins are the lights that help guide boats along the river.  Cute.

Looking up Wenceslas Square (or more like big boulevard).  This is the site of much of the 1989 Velvet Revolution.

Lots of funky art....







In old town, we all watched the Euro 2012 game on the big screen.  They showed Spain/Croatia.  I had to watch Italy beat Ireland in an....Irish bar.


An astronomical clock....

...that actually is functioning.  I was in Prague on the 19th of June!

One fascinating site was the multi-synagogue/museum complex that told the history of Jews in Prague.  Here's the "Spanish" (because of the style of architecture) synagogue.

The only pictures one can take is in the cemetery.


Prague was beautiful, but the fact that I was a bit nonplussed by the sites indicates to me that I'm ready to move on from Europe.  I'm ready for new sites and types of experiences.  Bring on...China and Asia!

No comments: