Friday, July 24, 2009

Accounting

These last 10 days of July are a whirlwind of good-bye's to people who I won't see for a year and less thrilling, packing up my stuff to put into storage. Luckily, I pack the boxes and then simply move them downstairs. You see, I'll be using the two bedrooms in the basement as my storage unit. Convenient.

I'm doing an adequate job of culling items that I don't need to pack up. For instance, the possibility of me actually using the Structural Geology textbook from college again is nil considering I haven't opened it since 1992. The most interesting thing to come out of this packing chore is the amount of electronic gadgetry that I have just sitting around and am no longer using. Here's a list of what's in a box that I will put into the e-waste corner of the dump next week.

Found in 121 Cortland Avenue, San Francisco, CA

1 Wireless Router
2 Land line Phones (with cord)
1 Alarm Clock
1 Cordless Phone
3 Smoke Detectors
1 Cable Television Box
1 External Hard Drive (Dead)
1 Answering Machine
1 Wireless Keyboard
1 Inkjet Printer
1 DVD Burner (I'll keep this)
1 Canon S400 Digital Camera (Dead)
2 Auto Focus Film Cameras
1 1-6 Plug Expander
1 103 Plug Expander
2 Jawbone USB Chargers
3 Jawbone Plug Chargers
3 2 Prong to 3 Prong Plugs
1 Cable Splitter
1 ???
1 Stereo/Speaker Wire
3 USB/Sqaure Side Cords
4 Mac Laptop Charger Extender Cords
3 Coaxial Cables
2 IPod Earbud Earphones
2 Airline Earphones
1 30 foot Internet Cord
1 6 foot Internet Cord
1 3-Prong Plug Extender Cord
3 Cell Phone Chargers
3 Audio/Video Television Cords
3 Phone Cords
2 Cords where I can't read my handwriting

And I consider myself someone who is about average in terms of purchasing electronica. I can only imagine the amount of e-waste sitting around this earth. Yikes.

No comments: