Sunday, March 04, 2007

I Wanna Be In A Boy Band

When one reflects upon being gay I think of all the stereotypes I don't fit but then the ones that I do. The gaydar for me goes off when I reveal how much I LOVE musicals. Today, I saw the 2006 Tony Award winning musical Jersey Boys. Watching the "Four Seasons" on stage and seeing how cool it must be to perform with a group of guys on stage is something that all of a sudden something I wanted to get up and do myself. Not sure that I'm going to act on it but know that when I get the soundtrack, I'll be trying out the moves here in the privacy of my own home!!

I must, however, end by mentioning something that crossed my mind. In the year 2030, will be be watching musicals called something to the effect of "The Boys of the Backstreet"?

No comments: