Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ghostride the Volvo

Ghostride the Volvo


The two protagonists of this short clip are HRS graduates, class of 2002 if I remember correctly. I enjoyed it but I think I'm missing something because I don't what "ghostriding the volvo" means. Do I take it at face value? Or was there a song of this name written as a take off of "Ghostbusters"? Is there significance that a Volvo is being ghostridden? Is ghostriding have something to do with driving around with the doors open and on top of it? Someone help give me context!!

But, another big deal here is that I figured out how to post YouTube videos into my blog. It is SO easy, no wonder Google bought up the site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so old--I have no idea what any of that is about. I think MY Volvo is older then those kids!

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_ride

Anonymous said...

ask some of your students about the "HYPHY MOVEMENT" and ghostriding cars, and then you will understand....

the song is by a local artist named Mistah FAB and its called "Ghost ride it"

The volvo is supposed to introduce irony, once you do your research on "hyphy"