Thursday, September 29, 2005

I am a computers' kiss of death

The iBook the school has purchased and lent to me died for no apparent reason last week. I took it to the technology people (who do a fantastic job) here at school and they gave me one of the "loaner" computers to use in the meantime. I got word from the boys in the tech office that Apple wouldn't take it back under warranty because the problem was one that they didn't understand. Therefore, my original computer is being sent out to a private company for diagnosis and fixing.

Last night, the screen on my loaner computer starting blacking out, shaking and streaking. What was the deal? COME ON!!! It worked well enough upon reboot to allow me to move my files onto the school's server this morning but it too is dead.

I walked into the tech office, told them the story and we all were incredulous and laughed. We're going to attribute all this computer drama to the fact that the metal in my feet must cause some magnetic field which causes these computers to roll over and die. But for now, I'm actually without any computer. I feel naked.

No comments: