Friday, June 17, 2005

The first of three

This week has been and will continue to be a busy one. Two stints as a medical patient, trying to sort out the medical issues regarding my foot surgery and the visit of three, count them three, of my out of town friends, and there is little down time. Well, except for right now.

Ian M. is a long time friend of mine from my Seattle days. Currently living in NYC, he was out on a West Coast swing, San Francisco being the last stop before heading back to NYC and a career in real estate. Last night, he, Jennifer K. (the longtime roommate but alas, no longer) and I went to dine at a San Francisco institution, The Original Old Clam House. We ordered a clambowl and a meleneza for the three of us and the piles of mussels, clams, crab legs, prawns and scallops was massive. For those of you locals, I highly recommend this place. I've been wanting to try the Clam House since I moved here since I drive by it every single day on my way to work, but it took six years to finally go inside. I should have done it earlier.





Ian and Jennifer at The Original Old Clam House


Afterwards, we continued our dining pleasures to get ice cream at another San Francisco Institution, Mitchell Brothers. For those of you who followed the link, check out the flavors. It's a good thing I have some will power to resist ice cream because I live a mere three block walk from this shop.

Lastly, on the medical front, Kaiser has officially denied my request to have my hardware removal done by Dr. B in Seattle. Since the estimate I received were I to think of paying out of pocket for this surgery was $9,000, I'll go ahead and meet the doctor Kaiser has contracted to work on these types of surgeries. This Kaiser doctor is a former president of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, I have to believe he's the bees knees and can do my removal without much difficulty.

No comments: