Friday, May 27, 2005

More like Mom every day

This post should make Mom happy. Everyone reading this give a shout out to Ernie's Mom!!! Anyway, I had friends Tim and J'Tao over for dinner last night. I was planning on meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but for some reason my oven is on not working correctly again and emits gas as it heats up. My garbage disposal is also not working but that's irrelevant the story at hand. Doing a bit of improvising, I end up heating up some of these spinich quiches for appetizers and for dinner I cooked Trader Joe's Mandarin Chicken (you all need to try it, it's great) with some green beans and steamed rice. But for dessert? I pulled ouot watermelon, strawberries and grapes. Fruit for dessert? My mom was pulling this stunt for years saying how fruit is the best dessert and I always wanted something with artificial sugars. Well, at 35 years old, here I am, serving fruit for dessert and LOVING it.

No comments: