Monday, December 06, 2004

Weekend in Monterey

This past Saturday, I spent the entire day attending seminars on the Asilomar grounds while attending the Northern California Mathematics Teachers' Conference. I tend to find that if I get nuggets of information and knowledge, I am pleased. This year, however, look what I made...





A 20-sided polyhedron (called an icosohedron) made from 4 paper plates


You can't beat that. After the conference, I stayed down in Monterey and hung out with my Lakeside friend, Colin B. Colin moved to Monterey last year to take a job that is a "perfect fit" for what he wants to do and to improve his resume. He lives in a complex that is right on the beach and you can hear the waves crashing right from his living room. How cool. He and I took a drive up the coast to Santa Cruz to hang and have dinner with Carlos. Carlos and Colin, from two very different parts of my life, hit it off. It's great when friends hit it off. We had dinner, and then drinks at The Dakota.

This morning, Colin and I hung out, I took a walk on the beach, we had brunch in downtown Monterey and then walked along Fisherman's Wharf. It was a beautifully clear, crisp day. It's too bad I had to get in the car and haul myself back to SF and all the work that is in front of me.

No comments: