Thursday, October 28, 2004

Not for the faint of heart

Ok, this posting is a bit personal, but since I am one not to be shy about revealing my life to others and ultimately can laugh at situations, here it goes. On Tuesday evening, for some reason, my left testicle starting to throb. I went to sleep thinking that it would get better, no worries. On Wednesday morning, it was hurting more, but I went to work anyway. All day, it hurt and was getting worse. It was best when I was sitting down and hurt most when I tried to stretch the legs or do anything that made that area of my body have to bounce around. By the time I got home yesterday afternoon, it was really hurting and the testicular area was really swollen and hot to the touch.

Having learned from the car experience to not avoid dealing with issues, I called Kaiser around 5:30PM to try and schedule an appointment for the next day, but lo and behold, they had an appointment available at 7:45PM that evening. I went to Kaiser on Geary and the place was EMPTY. I checked in and was shown to my room 10 minutes EARLY. I had a very nice meeting with a doctor and she gave me a prescription for antibiotics/anti-inflammatory and also a painkiller and was sent down to the pharmacy. I was in and out of the Kaiser facility in two hours. It must have been a record. A double bonus was that after 7PM Kaiser doesn't charge for parking.

I feel much better today. I am well on my way to good health.

No comments: